Whilst Google's free Search Engine Optimisation Starter Guide won't reveal any secrets that will guarantee you a number 1 position in Google (unfortunately!), they will give you a great overview of the SEO process and how to ensure your website follows Google's best practices.
Below is a list of topics that this free 32 page guide covers...
- SEO Basics
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the "description" meta tag
- Improving Site Structure
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Optimizing Content
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Dealing with Crawlers
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel="nofollow" for links
- SEO for Mobile Phones
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
- Promotions and Analysis
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
We strongly recommend that anyone wishing to learn more about SEO reads this free guide. We send it to all of our clients as a matter of course as we believe it will help them better understand the work that we do.